For up to date information on Coronavirus in Vermont, we encourage residents to visit the Vermont Department of Health website https://www.healthvermont.gov/response/infectious-disease/2019-novel-coronavirus Resident may also call 2-1-1- for information and services.
Residents should also consider the following common-sense steps for preventing the spread of disease:
- Wash hands often and well.
- Sneeze or cough into a tissue or sleeve.
- Avoid touching your face.
- Avoid crowded places.
- Avoid air travel, if possible.
- Replace handshakes or high fives, with fist bumps.
- Push elevator keys with a knuckle, instead of fingertip.
- Sanitize commonly touched surfaces.
- Stay home if you feel ill or have a fever.
- Consider how you will care for a sick family member.
- Prepare for disruption of services.
- Get extra medications, if possible.
- Cross-train key staff to perform essential duties & encourage ill employees to stay home.
- Consider cancelling or postponing large events.
- Don’t hoard medical supplies, such as masks and gloves.